Applying to a UP CMC Graduate Program
Are you interested in pursuing further studies in Communication or Media
Studies? We have outlined the basic steps on how to apply to our graduate programs.
Application for admission for 2nd Semester AY 2023-2024 intake is open for all UP College of Mass Communication graduate programs: MA in Communication, MA in Journalism, MA in Media Studies (Broadcast), MA in Media Studies (Film), PhD in Communication, and PhD in Media Studies. The deadline for submission of application for these programs is 10 November 2023.
Please refer to the step-by-step process below.
1. Submit personally or through courier the hard copies of the following documents to the Graduate Studies Department. Write this subject on the envelope containing your documents - Admission (MA in Communication/MA in Journalism/MA in Media Studies (Broadcast)/MA in Media Studies (Film)/PhD in Communication/PhD in Media Studies) - Surname, First Name.
Duly accomplished application form (https://bit.ly/CMCGSD-Application-Form)
Letter of Intent (addressed to the CMC Dean, Professor Fernando dlC. Paragas, PhD)
Original Transcript of Records
Certified True Copy of Diploma or Certificate of Graduation
For Filipino applicants: Original PSA-issued Birth Certificate, and for married female applicants: Original PSA-issued Marriage Certificate
Two (2) 2x2 recent photo
Proof of Payment of Application Fee (P200 for local applicants or $50 for foreign applicants)
For foreign applicants whose first language is not English: Proof of proficiency in English (see application form for details)
2. You need recommendation from three (3) referees. Your referees should directly send their recommendation to us with the following subject format - Admission (MA in Communication/MA in Journalism/MA in Media Studies (Broadcast)/MA in Media Studies (Film)/PhD in Communication/PhD in Media Studies) - Surname, First Name – Recommendation.
Download the Recommendation Form here: https://bit.ly/GSDRecommendationForm
3. Settle a non-refundable application fee of P200 for local applicants and US $50 for foreign applicants. Please check the link below for the payment process:
Statement of Account: Please message us for a copy of the SOA
Payment through Cash and bank payments (Over the counter deposit, Fund Transfer, LinkBiz, GCash): https://bit.ly/StepsForPayments
You may contact UPD Cash Office at https://web.facebook.com/dilimancashoffice/ for assistance.
4. We will consolidate and check the completeness of the submitted documents as well as the grade eligibility of the applicants.
5. Eligible applicants, or those who passed the initial grade screening, will then proceed to the next step: examination and/or interview.
6. We will officially notify successful applicants about the list of requirements to be submitted to the UP Office of the University Registrar (UP OUR) for official admission to the program.
7. We will also schedule an orientation for all successful applicants.